To produce a high volume of numerous food items in different packaging styles to specification, efficiently and safely.To produce high quality package products to specifications on various production lines. Operate equipment properly and safely.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Pack product to specification.
- Understand and follow recipes and written instructions
- Maintain work area in a clean and sanitary condition
- Able to operate equipment safely and efficiently as needed for each job
- Must be able to stand on feet for long periods of time
- Must be capable of safely learning to operate power equipment
- Work in a teamwork environment and perform under G.M.P. and Safety guidelines
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 1 year experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices or safe food handling
- Skill in packaging such as bottles, bulk cases, bags, and other manners
- Ability to work as an effective team to meet production/packaging goals
- Ability to work safely in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to work in various departments and change roles as needed
- Ability to identify potential defects in products and bringing attention to the issue
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.